Select your country
Select a country to go to the website of the respective STADA sales company.
Saudi Arabia (1)
The Phillippines (1)
United Arab Emirates (1)
STADA further grows its European Consumer Healthcare portfolio by acquiring several additional brands from Sanofi
- Press Release
- STADA is acquiring from Sanofi well-established consumer healthcare brands across several countries, including Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Spain and the UK, as well as Nordic countries
- The brand portfolio has a strong fit to the STADA´s existing CHC footprint and includes venous insufficiency, vitamin, and allergic conjunctivitis brands such as Antistax, Lomudal, Omnivit and Opticrom
- STADA CEO Peter Goldschmidt: “We are delighted to continue our collaboration with Sanofi. This acquisition further strengthens STADA as a top-four player in Europe’s consumer healthcare market and supports our growth acceleration along our purpose of “Caring for People’s Health as a Trusted Partner”
Bad Vilbel – 12 July 2023 – STADA is significantly expanding its European Consumer Healthcare portfolio by acquiring another range of well-established and leading local and regional consumer healthcare brands from Sanofi in European countries, including Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Spain and the United Kingdom, as well as Nordic countries. The transaction covers several brands, including: Antistax for pain relief and tiredness in legs; the allergy eye drops Lomudal; Omnivit vitamins; and Opticrom allergy eye drops. In addition, the two painkillers AAS and Dolalgial, as well as Bila-Git for gallbladder complaints, are part of the acquired portfolio. The transaction will be financed with a combination of cash on balance sheet and existing facilities, and is scheduled to close in the fourth quarter of 2023, subject to customary approvals of relevant regulatory authorities.
“We are pleased to continue our collaboration with Sanofi. This acquisition further strengthens STADA as a top-four player in Europe’s consumer healthcare market and supports our growth acceleration along our purpose of “Caring for People’s Health as a Trusted Partner,” commented STADA’s CEO, Peter Goldschmidt.
“As a broad-based European player with a strong presence in local markets, STADA is a go-to partner in consumer healthcare,” Goldschmidt highlighted. “The brands being acquired, and their geographic presence, are well aligned and synergistic with the organic activities in STADA’s core countries.”
STADA’s Western Europe and Germany Head Stephan Eder outlined: “This acquisition is the next step towards being the leader in local market brands. STADA’s extensive sales, marketing and distribution network throughout Europe, along with our long-established partnerships with pharmacists, will enable the group to grow these brands by also developing additional offerings. By further developing these well-known brands, we are strengthening our compelling and comprehensive offering to customers across our three strategic pillars: Consumer Healthcare, Specialty and Generics in key, predominantly Western European countries.”
This acquisition of more consumer brands from Sanofi is the latest example of the implementation of an ongoing successful business-development strategy. This was preceded by a transaction for 16 brands from Sanofi in 2021, as well as an agreement with Sanofi about the distribution of Sanofi's consumer healthcare portfolio in 10 countries in Central Asia in 2022. Furthermore, STADA previously took over 15 well-established consumer healthcare brands from GSK across more than 40 countries and multiple therapeutic areas in 2020. STADA also in 2020 strengthened its portfolio of vitamin, mineral and supplement (VMS) products by acquiring Czech healthcare company Walmark, which has an international footprint.
Previous Milestones of STADA in the Consumer Healthcare segment
- February 2020 - STADA acquires 15 established GSK brands and thus becomes a significant player in the Consumer Healthcare segment
- March 2020 - STADA completes acquisition of Walmark, thereby building a successful portfolio in Eastern Europe
- June 2021 - STADA expands European Consumer Healthcare portfolio by acquiring 16 established brands from Sanofi
- July 2021 - STADA and Sanofi conclude distribution agreement for Consumer Healthcare in selected European countries
- November 2022 - STADA and Sanofi close a distribution agreement for Consumer Healthcare in Eurasian countries
About STADA Arzneimittel AG
STADA Arzneimittel AG is headquartered in Bad Vilbel, Germany. The company focuses on a three-pillar strategy consisting of consumer healthcare products, generics and specialty pharma. Worldwide, STADA Arzneimittel AG sells its products in approximately 120 countries. In financial year 2022, STADA achieved group sales of EUR 3,797.2 million and reported earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of EUR 884.7 million. As of 31 December 2022, STADA employed 13,183 people worldwide.
Additional information for journalists
STADA Arzneimittel AG - Media Relations
61118 Bad Vilbel - Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 6101 603-165
Fax: +49 (0) 6101 603-215
Additional information for capital market participants
STADA Arzneimittel AG - Investor & Creditor Relations
61118 Bad Vilbel – Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 6101 603-4689
Fax: +49 (0) 6101 603-215