Select your country
Select a country to go to the website of the respective STADA sales company.
Saudi Arabia (1)
The Phillippines (1)
United Arab Emirates (1)
STADA supports authorities with tailored donations and services
- Numerous initiatives are underway or being prepared by STADA affiliates around the world, tailored to the individual needs of healthcare authorities in their battle against COVID-19.
- Donations to date include healthcare monitors In Serbia, first-aid kits in Spain, medicines in Russia, skincare products for healthcare professionals in the UK, face masks in Italy, and pharmacy queuing stickers in Austria and Ireland.
- STADA CEO Peter Goldschmidt: “With local healthcare needs varying significantly during the current coronavirus crisis, our local STADA affiliates are acting with great agility and imagination to provide products and services that are supporting the essential work being carried out by healthcare professionals around the world.”
Bad Vilbel, April 17, 2020 – STADA is adopting a localised, targeted strategy to support healthcare authorities around the world to combat COVID-19 infections by donating essential equipment and products, as well as providing tailored services, through its national affiliates.
“With local healthcare needs varying significantly during the current coronavirus crisis,” explains STADA CEO Peter Goldschmidt, “our local STADA affiliates are acting with great agility and imagination to provide products and services that are supporting the essential work being carried out by healthcare professionals around the world.”
The supportive initiatives, including equipment and product donations, complement the record internal production volumes that STADA recorded in March to meet increased demand for essential treatments amid the current COVID-19 outbreak.
Among the regional and national initiatives that have already been implemented or are currently underway are:
- SERBIA/BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA/MONTENEGRO. Local affiliate Hemofarm has responded to urgent need by donating 150 high-value patient monitors manufactured by Germany’s Draeger. Of these, 110 monitors are intended for use in hospital and corona treatment centres in Serbia, 30 in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and 10 in Montenegro.
- SPAIN. A total of 23,600 first-aid packs have been donated to 80 hospitals, 77 medical centres and 3,000 pharmacies comprising Care+ eye wipes, eye sprays and nasal sprays, plus Multilind gel soap and facial moisturiser. Furthermore, 50,000 face masks have been donated to Doctors Without Borders/MSF, hospitals and pharmacies.
- UK. Local affiliate Thornton & Ross donated to National Health Service staff packs of its Cetraben and Zeroderma emollients to alleviate dry skin caused by increased hand-washing and use of sanitisers as well as the skin irritation caused by wearing face masks.
- ITALY. EG, STADA’s local subsidiary, provided FFP2 protective face masks for pharmacies and hospitals in Lombardy, the epicentre of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- RUSSIA. STADA is donating a range of products requested by Komunarka, the largest specialized hospital for corona in Russia, to treat symptoms and associated diseases of infected patients.
- AUSTRALIA. The STADA Australia Nurse Advisor service is supporting isolated Parkinson’s disease patients and their families with care packages that include everyday grocery items such as tea, toiletries and treats like biscuits. Home deliveries, remote monitoring and telehealth consultations are also available.
- AUSTRIA & IRELAND. Attractive floor stickers encourage pharmacy customers to retain the recommended 2m social distancing when queuing. Ireland’s Clonmel Healthcare is also providing badges for nurses to promote social distancing.
- FRANCE. A pharmacy ‘Merci à Vous’ thank you campaign by local operation EG Labo is running, including via leading pharmacy publications such as Le Quotidien du pharmacien and Le Moniteur.
- GERMANY. ALIUD PHARMA service kits for pharmacies are currently in preparation. Among other things, these contain distance stickers for the pharmacy queue as well as posters with information for patients to hang up in the pharmacy. In addition, the German subsidiary based in Laichingen is supporting pharmacists through podcasts on the subject of "Communication in the crisis".
- ROMANIA. STADA Romania is responding to local needs by providing to pharmacists and intensive care doctors with 10,000 protective visors as well as donating the Zink Walmark and Lactoflora brands to hospitals.
- BELGIUM. To express its gratitude to local pharmacy partners, local subsidiary EG is sending ‘delight packages’ to 4,000 general practitioners and 2,500 pharmacies: tulips in a heart shaped box.
- PORTUGAL. STADA’s local operation is working to supply a 3D-printer to a national social action group that is producing protective materials, along with acrylic pharmacy barriers, face shields and ‘keep healthy’ packs for nursing homes.
- CZECH REPUBLIC. Disinfectants manufactured in the Trinec facility that STADA gained through its acquisition of Walmark have been handed over to the mayor of Trinec town.
In addition to these localised, tailored initiatives, STADA is also expressing its heartfelt thanks to healthcare professionals around the world through videos that are being shared in several languages through several publications and social media channels. An English language version of a video for pharmacy can be viewed here: Video "Thank you pharmacy" >
About STADA Arzneimittel AG
STADA Arzneimittel AG is headquartered in Bad Vilbel, Germany. The company focuses on a two pillar strategy consisting of generics, including specialty pharmaceuticals and non-prescription consumer health products. Worldwide, STADA Arzneimittel AG sells its products in approximately 120 countries. In financial year 2019, STADA achieved adjusted Group sales of EUR 2,608.6 million and adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of EUR 625.5 million. As of December 31, 2019, STADA employed 11,100 people worldwide.
Additional information for journalists
STADA Arzneimittel AG
61118 Bad Vilbel - Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 6101 603-165
Fax: +49 (0) 6101 603-215
Additional information for capital market participants
STADA Arzneimittel AG
Investor & Creditor Relations
61118 Bad Vilbel – Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 6101 603-4689
Fax: +49 (0) 6101 603-215